Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hobbies

Like all people, or at least the ones who count I have hobbies.

However mine fall into a wide range of areas. I don't really know how the rest of the world's hobbies spread themselves out but mine are over a spread.

So my quick and dirty list.

History, economics, politics, world events and geography.

Books, mystery, fiction, fantasy and sci-fi.

RPGs, writing, storytelling.

Cars, racing, building, restoring, engines and stuff.

Camping, drinking, parties, women, fun and stuff.

Thinking.

Thats a lot of spread, a wide variety of things. This blog has been pretty much about being self aware and expressing my thoughts in their liquid form. I should start other blogs to discuss some of my other hobbies. I have one that I have had for ages that I had stopped updating that I should revisit.

If our personalities define us, and make us individuals, then what are our interests?

Filler? A way to push away boredom? The safe answer would be that they are a part of us, of our individuality. I don't like the safe answer.

Safe is not as fun.

1 comment:

Author said...

I think hobbies are manifestations of our personalities...