Thursday, May 22, 2008

May Sweeps

The way advertising revenue is calculated for networks is by having ratings calculated during two periods in the year. Sweeps month, is what they are called. All of the good shows have the best episodes, cliffhangers are setup and resolved and audiences watch with baited breath to see the resolution to plot threads and the unveiling of mysteries.

May sweeps is the worst, the best time of year to be out of the house and all the good shows have their finales and all we are left with is reruns and reality TV to tide us over until September. Bastards. Why must the creative minds compete, I'm certain that if I was to watch an hour of TV every night I would be able to see every episode of every show that I consider worthy of dedicating my time too. But no I have to choose. I need to pay attention to all of the crap on TV to see the few glimpses of quality that I need and desire. Thats it I'm getting a TiVo or whatever those HDD TV recorders are called, no more of my time is to be dedicated to me deciphering the TV schedule, no I will watch what I want when I wantand I will ignore the rest of the pablum that is filling the airwaves.

I'm out.

Will

No comments: